Thursday, February 16, 2012

QOD 2-15-12

We read in Acts 22:7-8 of Paul's Damascus road experience.
Who was Paul persecuting?

7 I fell to the ground and heard a voice say to me, ‘Saul! Saul! Why do you persecute me?’
8 “‘Who are you, Lord?’ I asked.
‘I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you are persecuting,’ he replied.
Acts 22:7-8

Saul was persecuting our Lord and savior, working so hard against everything Jesus promised to him.  Therefore, I believe, Saul was actually persecuting himself as well.  He led a life of sin and darkness that served no other purpose than to destroy his very being and fall right into the hands of the enemy.

That is a story all too common.  Instead of following Jesus, we follow the world... denying our God.  In doing this, we actually deny ourselves and who we were made to be.  This hurts us and it hurts God.  We are destroying his kingdom by refusing to live by His truth.  You never know who might just be following you... so, not only do you lead you yourself over the side of the cliff, but many times you will also lead those closest to you... those who look up to you and trust you to lead them down the straight and narrow path.

I got this sticker off a bottle I bought a few days ago...
I was immediately reminded of this verse:

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." Revelation 21:5

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:The old has gone, the new is here! 2 Corinthians 5:17

Normally, packaging like this insinuates that only the packaging is in fact "new" but the product is the same as it was before... but our God doesn't work like that.  He changes the outside and inside.  He changes ALL.

I thought about sticking it to my shirt for all to see... I am a new product completely, different now than I was just a few short (long) years ago.  God has made me new and He continues to make me new everyday as I choose to walk the path He sets before me.

Only our God can turn Saul into Paul... Only our God can make ALL things new!

Won't you let Him complete the work He has started in you?

No comments:

Post a Comment